Are you dealing with a faulty, worn, or broken garage door? If you are constantly dishing out money for garage door repairs, a garage door replacement may be worth the investment. But when is the best time to replace your garage door? Well, the best time to upgrade and replace your garage door is actually right around the corner!
The springtime signals a time of change for a lot of people. Spring cleaning kicks off, the flowers begin to bloom, and the days get longer. When the temperatures begin to rise, and the outdoors begin to thaw, it’s the perfect time to start considering replacing worn, weathered, rusted equipment, including your garage door. Spring is not only a convenient time to work on home improvement projects, but it is also the perfect time to contact Garage Door Doctor for a garage door replacement.
Why Spring Is The Best Time For A Garage Door Replacement
While most garage door companies have the best prices of the year for new garage door installation when the weather begins to warm up and the tax returns start coming in. However, there are other reasons to consider a garage door replacement in addition to cost. Every garage door system implements a spring system that counterbalances the weight of the door.
After long, cold winters, like the ones we experience in Indiana, it is common for these springs to lose their resiliency and break. Replacing garage door springs in the winter months is typically not something that garage door contractor recommends. However, the springtime not only offers great weather for inspecting and replacing garage door springs, but it is also a great time to replace the garage door itself, with the assistance of a garage door technician, of course.
Even if you don’t opt for a garage door replacement, you may still want to consider a tune-up at the very least – counterbalancing garage doors is a service that is most commonly performed in the spring.
Signs It’s Time For A Garage Door Replacement
Replacing your garage door can not only save homeowners time, money, and hassle, but garage door replacements can also enhance your curb appeal, improve daily functionality, and modernize your home’s exterior. It is recommended that garage doors are replaced after 10 to 20 years, but if you are still unsure about whether you should replace your garage door, be on the lookout for the following signs of a garage door replacement.
- Constant Garage Door Maintenance. If your garage door has been put through constant repairs and has been frequently unreliable, then you likely could benefit from a garage door replacement.
- Noisy Operations. Sure, your garage door makes noise when it opens and closes. However, as the door ages and begins to wear, excessive vibration can become excessively noisy. This is sometimes an indication that certain parts, such as springs or tracks need maintenance, but it could also be a sign that you need a garage door replacement.
- Appearance. The appearance of your garage door enormously affects the property value and curb appeal of your home. After years of use and exposure to the outdoor elements, your garage door will begin to show signs of wear and tear, such as dents, cracks, and other signs of damage. While some of these damages can be repaired, eventually, the appearance of wear and tear can not be ignored. Replacing your garage door with a modern design to match the rest of your home and increase exterior beauty is a worthy investment.
- Safety and Security. Garage doors are large objects and weigh enough to cause serious injuries if they slam shut unexpectedly. Not only are new garage door styles more attractive and manufactured from superior materials, but they also feature the latest safety standards, like automatic reversals, added security, and locking capabilities. These upgrades can prevent safety-related concerns.
- Energy Loss. For homes with attached garages, panels and worn materials can significantly reduce the garage doors overall energy-efficiency. In turn, this can increase heating and cooling costs. Some of the newer garage models include insulation which helps maintain your indoor temperatures and ensure energy-efficiency.
- Speed. After sending a command to your door, it should respond within a few seconds. If the door takes more than 10 seconds, then you should call a garage door company to inspect the cause and help determine if a replacement is needed.
Choose Garage Door Doctor For Your Garage Door Replacement
If you are a homeowner in Indianapolis or the surrounding areas, call the team at Garage Door Doctors for all of your garage door installation and replacement needs. Our extensively trained and experienced garage door contractors can easily help you find and install a quality garage door that enhances the look of your home, improves safety and functionality, and increases the value of your home. Take advantage of our free estimates on any garage door replacement so you know exactly what you’re getting.